THE HEART OF GREATER SYDNEY
Diwali Lights celebrate the ancient Hindu festival of Diwali © Blacktown City Council
You’ll be surprised at what you can find in Blacktown City. There’s plenty to do.
My Lords and Ladies Medieval Fayre
May at Nurragingy Reserve.
Step back to the dark medieval times including live jousting displays.
Family Fish In
August (bookings required) Trout fishing at Mount Druitt Swimming Pool.
Free family friendly Australia Day Celebrations with live music, rides and fireworks at the Rooty Hill, Eastern Rd, Rooty Hill – 26 January
Blacktown City Festival – May
Westlink M7 Marathon – July
Summer Grooves Jazz Concert at Nurragingy Reserve. October (check website).
1) Blacktown Drive-In, the only Drive-In in the Greater Sydney area.
2) Featherdale Wildlife Park
Photo Susan Renee
3) Chinese Gardens and weekend Blacksmith demonstrations at Nurragingy Reserve.
4) Wave Pool at Blacktown Leisure Centre, Stanhope.
Photo Paul D’Ambra – Australia
5) Eastern Creek Motorsport precinct including motor racing, drag cars and karts.
6) Blacktown Visitor Information & Heritage Centre (first school in Blacktown).
7) Blacktown International Sportspark, the heart of sport in western Sydney and home to Sydney Blue Sox (baseball) & Western Sydney Wanderers (football)
8) Ghost Tours at St Bartholomew’s Church and Cemetery.
Photo Jock Reby
9) Blacktown Arts Centre
Photo State Library of New South Wales collection
10) Historic Rouse Hill house and farm and Historical Bicentennial Museum in Riverstone.
11. Come and see the WET n WILD, Prospect
Blacktown Visitor Information & Heritage Centre
Flushcombe Rd, Blacktown
Tel 1300 302 858
The friendly staff at the Blacktown Visitor Information Centre are there to help. Located within the Max Webber Library open Tues-Sat 10am-3pm
Copyright © 2020 Regional Showcase Australia™ | Sydney Visitor, Travel & Holiday Guide™ is an official site of Regional Showcase Australia™ | All rights reserved